You can create a MS Word Mail Merge template that can then be uploaded into Wealthbox to print letters or other documents with fields inserted from Wealthbox. Note: be sure you save the Word file as a document, not a template format.
- Open MS Word and choose a new document or an existing document that you would like to use as a Mail Merge template.
- Click the “Insert” tab from the Menu bar and choose “Field” from the “Quick Parts” list.
- Choose “Mail Merge” from the “Categories” list.
- Select “MergeField” from the “Field names” list.
- Within the “Field Properties” section, enter a Mail Merge field in the “Field name” box. Click here to see the available Mail Merge fields from Wealthbox.
- Click “OK.”
NOTE: Copying and pasting the allowed Mail Merge fields will not work properly when conducting a Mail Merge within Wealthbox. The above steps are necessary when creating your templates within MS Word.
MS Word for PC example:
MS Word for Mac example:
Your template will look something like the following example, which can be saved and uploaded within the Wealthbox settings for future use. See also: Can I create a Mail Merge directly from Wealthbox?