To Export your data from Redtail’s Tailwag CRM:
1. Navigate to “Manage Your Account.”
2. Within the “Admins Only” section, click “Dropbox files and Database Backups.”
3. In the top right corner, click “Request database backup”
When the backup completes, you will see a link to the zip file appear on this same screen. Download this file and upload to Wealthbox by clicking here.
The migration includes the following items from the backup (please indicate in your request what types of data are required with your migration):
- Contact details (including User Defined Fields)
- Notes and Comments
- Activities (our team separates and imports as tasks or events based on the type) - future occurrences of recurring activities are not imported.
- Manually tracked accounts (i.e. policies, annuities, etc)
Note: the Redtail backup does not include the user's names, they only show an ID for the user. If we don't include a user's name who is also a user in Wealthbox, all the notes will appear to be added by the account owner. If you need the notes and activities to show the correct user association, you will need to provide a list of the user names and the ID that belongs to them in Redtail? To find the ID's in Redtail, you can navigate to the "User management" page and hover (don't click) over the username link for each user to see a URL address appear in the lower left side of your screen. The 6 digits at the end of the URL is the ID for that user. You may also need to click into the "disabled" tab to obtain the ID's and names for past users in Redtail.
Keep in mind, if the user is not also a user in Wealthbox, as mentioned above, the notes by default will be related to the Wealthbox account owner, but we can include the user's name to the end of the note content for reference. You can include the user name and ID's when you send your data to our migration team.