To export from ACT:
- Open the ACT! database that contains the contacts you want to export. If you do not want to export the entire database, perform a lookup of the contacts that you want to export.
- Choose the File menu and click “Export.”
- In the File type list box, choose “Text – Delimited.”
- Click the browse button next to File name and Location. The “Save As” dialog box appears. Type a file name in the File Name box and click Next.
- Specify the record types for your export. Choose “Contact Records” as the kind of records to export and export All records. Click the Next button.
- Choose “Comma” from the Select field separator and make sure you check off “Yes, export field names” checkbox.
- Select the contact fields for export and click Next.
- When the summary screen appear, click Finish and the export be complete.
- The contacts file typically needs some formatting before importing to Wealthbox. For example, in ACT, spouse and children are listed in the main contact’s record. Wealthbox does not have “Spouse” or “Child” fields, instead they are captured as individual records and related as family members by the “Household Name” and Household Title” fields. See the link below for helpful tips.
- Once the data is formatted, you can now import your contacts to Wealthbox by navigating to the Contacts page and clicking on “Import” on the right side inside of the Import/Export panel which will allow you to upload your file and map the fields.